35 degrees in the shade: Read our tips on how to handle the heat when playing golf at our hotels in the Dolomites.
You are planning to play golf during your summer break at the Winklerhotels, our hotels in the Dolomites? Here are our top tips!
- Wear light-coloured clothes to reflect the heat and light.
- Keep your palms dry. Wear golf gloves when playing golf at our hotels in the Dolomites.
- Drink 2-3 litres per day. Fruit juices such as apple juice mixed with mineral water in a ratio of 1:1 are best. When sweating, the body excretes sodium, which must be replenished.
- Avoid tee times in the late morning or around noon when the sunrays are the harshest.
- Take refuge in the shade as often as possible.
- Bring rice wafers, bananas, or trail mix with you for an energy kick in between.
- And last but not least: Apply plenty of sunscreen on all uncovered skin.
As long as you follow our advice, there is nothing that stops you from playing golf near our hotels in South Tyrol. Have you already booked your holiday with us?